Veterans Studies Certificate
EKU’s online veterans studies certificate offers a unique, multidisciplinary program that provides veterans and non-veteran students a foundation of understanding regarding military structure, culture, combat, and the psychological and physiological changes resulting from military service. The program prepares students to improve services for, and interactions with veterans.
Format: 100% online
What sets our program apart?
Focused on building a detailed understanding of the veteran experience, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as psychology, politics and military studies.
- 8-week terms
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- Study any time, from anywhere
- No campus visits required
- Online tutoring options accessible from anywhere
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.
Veterans Studies Certificate Curriculum
Core Courses 3 hours
- VTS 200 : Introduction to Veterans Studies
Electives 9 hours
- PLS 375: Terrorism/Counterterrorism
- POL 415: Terrorism and Political Violence
- PSY 308: Abnormal Psychology
- PSY 320: Health Psychology
- ENG 386W: War & Peace in Lit Since 1900
Total Hours Required for Degree Completion 12 hours
For a full list of course descriptions please see section 7 of the university undergraduate catalog.