Online Tutoring Services
SmartThinking's certified tutors provide one-to-one tutoring when you need it, on any Internet-connected computer.
- With your SMARTHINKING account, you can share an interactive session with a tutor, or you can submit a question or a paper for an asynchronous response typically within 24 hours.
- You can access the SmartThinking Tutoring Service by clicking on the Tools menu option in your BB course site.
EKU Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is designed to serve as a one-stop-shop where students can get assistance with an array of areas like course work, study skills, and much more.
To request online tutoring or other assistance through the Student Success Center, email SuccessCenter@eku.edu
For more information visit: http://successcenter.eku.edu/
- Submit an Essay
- Use Drop-In Tutoring
- Use Scheduled Tutoring
- Submit Offline Questions
- Use Academic Resources
Subject Specific Assistance
EKU Math and Statistics Tutoring Lab
- Meet with a Math/Stats tutor via Skype
- Skype name: ekumath
- To make sure a tutor is on duty for Skype, call 859-622-6508 before contacting them through Skype.
- To learn more about Skype, go to http://www.skype.com/en/what-is-skype/
Psychology Department Tutoring/ P.A.S.S.
If you are taking a Psychology class and need some help, contact Dr. Jodi Treadway at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will put you in touch with a psychology tutor.
Online students can receive objective, peer-to-peer feedback on a variety of communication projects including:
- Writing projects
- Multimodal projects
- Individual and group presentations
- Visual aids and slideshows
- Cover letters
- Presentation slides
Similar to face-to-face consultations, those taking place online will help students:
- Think critically about their communication projects
- Consider the project’s effectiveness for a particular audience, purpose, and context
- Serve as a supportive and safe venue for students to share ideas, questions, and concerns with their communication projects
How to get the most out of online consultations:
- Come prepared with questions and ideas that you would like the consultant to address during the online consultation
- Online consultations take place using audio and video. Therefore, you will need access to a webcam, headset, and microphone. Please make plans to access necessary technology in advance of your consultations. Regional campus sites can provide this technology if you need it.
Students must schedule online consultations at least two days in advance by calling (859) 622-7330. You can also email them at email@example.com.
For more information you can also visit: http://studio.eku.edu/online-consultations.