Addictions Intervention Certificate
Advance your career with the practical skills needed to act as a non-clinical intermediary and assist individuals with addiction services. EKU’s 100% online addiction intervention certificate provides students with the knowledge and skill sets required to connect people to programs and professionals providing prevention and treatmentin the fight against addiction. Graduates are prepared to fill key positions in careers focused on recovery and make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Format: 100% online
What sets our program apart?
Learn essential skills for today’s work environment. Rooted in both theory and practical applications, our fully-accredited online programs blend academic and professional preparation through course topics such as human behavior change, crisis intervention, and alcohol and drug assessment and treatment.
- Pre-candidacy status for accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)*
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Multiple start dates
- Full and part-time options
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- 75% of EKU degree holders find jobs in Kentucky, a higher percentage than any other university in Kentucky
- No campus visits required
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Expert faculty who provide interactive feedback and a collaborative approach to learning
- Opportunities for practicum experiences to help you discover your calling and network with other professionals
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.