Bachelor's of Social Work
A bachelor's degree in social work provides students with a strong academic foundation to become ethical leaders who advocate for social and economic justice. This versatile degree opens the door to a variety of career options and builds critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills. EKU’s 100% online social work program is real-world focused, providing the opportunity to fulfill your passion for helping others in a high-demand field.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed with EKU
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate.
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Learn essential skills for today’s work environment. Our fully-accredited online program is made up of the same high-quality courses and taught by the same experienced professors as the on-campus program. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as crisis intervention, addictions, and race and ethnic relations.
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1977
- 8-week terms
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- Personalized graduation plan
- Study anytime, from anywhere
- Expert faculty who provide interactive feedback and a collaborative approach to learning
- Opportunities for practicum experiences to help you discover your calling and network with other professionals
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. Eastern has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.