Psychology Bachelor’s Degree – Substance Abuse
EKU’s online bachelor’s degree in psychology with a concentration in substance abuse provides a comprehensive understanding of substance abuse and how it impacts individuals, families and communities.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Note: Completion of this program does not result in certification or licensure in the autism spectrum disorders field, but will prepare you for certain entry-level positions or to enroll in a related graduate or professional program after graduation.
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
This program explores the science of substance abuse and introduces students to theories and techniques of effective treatment. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as psychology of personality, psychological interviewing and reporting, introduction to behavior therapy and psychological perspectives on substance abuse.
- 8-week terms
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- Personalized graduation plans
- Study any time, from anywhere
- No campus visits required
- Unique opportunities for joint student-faculty research
- Online tutoring anywhere with our PASS tutoring program
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.