Paramedic (Emergency Medical Care)
EKU is home to the first CAAHEP-accredited program in Kentucky and the second CAAHEP-accredited program in the nation. Our flexible program options provide advancement opportunities for licensed paramedics.
Take your career to the next level with a nationally respected program while maintaining personal and professional obligations.
Choose from these program options:
- Associate Degree in Paramedicine
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Care – Emergency Services Administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Care – Fire Service
What sets our program apart?
Focused on medical best practices and leadership building, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through a variety of topics such as EMS operations, advanced cardiology, management of behavioral emergencies and research methodology.
- CAAHEP-accredited since 1980
- Internationally recognized instructors
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- Personalized graduation plan
- No campus visits required
- 18 credit hours for previous experience PLUS additional opportunities to maximize credit
- Hours count toward your degree and your recertification**
- Free online tutoringandcareer services assistance
**Up to 12 hours from each of the online paramedic classes may be used for NREMT or state renewal in states that accept CAPCE accredited continuing education.