Paramedic (Emergency Medical Care)
EKU is home to the first CAAHEP-accredited program in Kentucky and the second CAAHEP-accredited program in the nation. Our flexible program options provide advancement opportunities for licensed paramedics.
Take your career to the next level with a nationally respected program while maintaining personal and professional obligations.
Choose from these program options:
- Associate Degree in Paramedicine
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Care – Emergency Services Administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Care – Fire Service
What sets our program apart?
Focused on medical best practices and leadership building, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as advanced life support, advanced cardiology, management of behavioral emergencies and management of OB/GYN emergencies.
- CAAHEP-accredited since 1980
- Internationally recognized instructors
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- Personalized graduation plan
- No campus visits required
- 18 credit hours for previous experience PLUS additional opportunities to maximize credit
- Hours count toward your degree and your recertification**
- Free online tutoringandcareer services assistance
**Up to 12 hours from each of the online paramedic classes may be used for NREMT or state renewal in states that accept CECBEMS accredited continuing education.