Paralegal Studies Associate Degree
The fastest growing occupation within the legal profession is the paralegal. EKU’s 100% online associate degree in paralegal studies is designed to prepare students to quickly and successfully enter the workforce in a number of entry-level paralegal jobs. Graduates are well positioned to complete their bachelor’s degree and further increase their employment opportunities.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 15 credit hours must be completed with EKU.
Note: Online paralegal students have the opportunity to complete all but 9 semester credit hours according to their own schedule, studying anytime and anywhere that is convenient. The remaining 9 semester credit hours of legal specialty coursework are completed through synchronous online instruction.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on paralegal best practices and producing excellent student outcomes, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as legal research and writing, litigation, legal administration and computer applications, family law, criminal law and probate practice.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Active job placement assistance for all graduating students —90% of graduates are employed or attending graduate or law school within six months of graduation
- The EKU paralegal program is a respected charter member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAFPE)
- Our expert faculty have extensive training in online education. All instructors hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Ph.D.
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.