Paralegal Degree Programs
Meet Tony Chisholm, a private investigator and EKU Online paralegal student. Tony started as a student at EKU back in 1978. Listen to his journey and how EKU Online has been assisting in his success.
Eastern Kentucky University’s paralegal program is an elite, ABA-approved program of study that can help you start or advance your paralegal career. In this partially online program, students have the flexibility to complete all but 10 credit hours of their program 100 percent online.
The remaining 10 credit hours are earned in the form of an intensive two part, on-campus residency. The unique combination of online coursework and the in-person opportunity to collaborate with fellow students, network with working paralegals, and interact with faculty, help you refine fundamental skills for your future.
Choose from three program options:
- Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Science
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Science
What sets our program apart?
Focused on paralegal best practices and producing excellent student outcomes, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as legal research and writing, litigation, legal administration and computer applications, family law, criminal law and probate practice.
- 8-week terms
- Active job placement assistance for all graduating students
- The EKU paralegal program is a respected charter member of the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAFPE)
- Our expert faculty are learner-focused and have extensive training in online education. All instructors hold a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Ph.D.
- Unique and intensive residency experience offering access to practicing attorneys, paralegals and judges, as well as opportunities to utilize the law library and courthouse vault