Master’s to OTD Program
EKU’s online master’s to OTD program is designed for licensed, certified occupational therapists interested in advancing their careers and becoming ethical leaders of change in occupational therapy services for diverse populations.
Our nationally respected OT program allows students currently holding a master’s, in OT or another field, to earn their doctorate degree without the need to relocate and while maintaining personal and professional obligations.
Format: 100% online
Due to state authorization restrictions students may be prohibited from conducting practicum experiences in some states. Please ask your enrollment advisor about any possible restrictions for your state of residency prior to submitting your application. You can review EKU’s state authorization map for more details.
* With department approval
What sets our program apart?
Focused on best practices and leadership building, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as advanced occupation-based practice, diversity and health disparity, policy and change, applied research and ethics, and evidence-based practice.
- Accelerated 8-week terms, with courses beginning 3 times per year
- No required campus visits
- Complete your degree in approximately 2 years
- Flexible 100% online learning format from an accredited, brick-and-mortar university
- Course plans tailored to your specific interests
- Affordable quality courses from respected faculty
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best graduate schools for occupational therapy
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.