Occupational Therapy Programs
EKU offers one of the top doctor of occupational therapy programs in the nation. Our challenging doctorate degree options prepare practitioners to take on leadership roles and assist in shaping the future of the field.
Applicants to this program must be certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Occupational therapy assistants are not eligible.
Our flexible, online format provides students the ability to complete coursework and assignments according to their schedule. Our OTD programs accommodate students holding either a bachelor’s or master’s degree with specific paths for both. Practitioners are able to advance their education and increase employment options without the need to relocate and while maintaining personal and professional obligations.
Choose from two program options:
What sets our program apart?
Focused on best practices and leadership building, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as advanced occupation-based practice, diversity and health disparity, policy and change, applied research and ethics and evidence-based practice.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 3 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- No campus visits required
- Course plans tailored to your specific interests
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Affordable quality courses from respected faculty
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best graduate schools for occupational therapy
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment