Master of Science in Nursing Degree – Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
Advance your career with our family nurse practitioner degree. Build on your professional expertise through advanced education in evidence based management of acute and chronic health conditions across the lifespan. With an added emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention, our program prepares graduates as highly skilled primary care providers and health care leaders.
Format: 100% online
*With departmental approval
Preparing you for success
Upon program completion, graduates will have:
- Obtained 750 direct patient care hours, the last 300 of which allow synthesis of all prior clinical and didactic courses.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in assessment and critical analysis of data to meet the needs of patients in multiple health care settings.
What sets our program apart?
EKU’s CCNE-accredited program delivers competencies required for advanced practice nursing in a highly interactive and flexible online format. Didactic courses provide foundational knowledge and skills necessary for development of clinical competency and national certification as a family nurse practitioner.
- 98% first attempt pass rate on national certification exams
- Ranked by US News & World Report among the top 30 best online graduate nursing programs
- International Teaching and Learning award winner via Blackboard™ learning management system
- No campus visits required
- Convenient 8-week terms for core courses
- Spring, summer and fall start dates
- Direct interaction with faculty plus personalized advising
- High student satisfaction rates
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.
Download: MSN Student Handbook 2018 - 2019