Doctor of Nursing Practice (Post-MSN DNP)
EKU’s online doctor of nursing practice (DNP) prepares students to innovate, lead change, and improve health outcomes for patients and populations. Unlike a research focused degree, EKU’s respected program is practice focused. It equips students with the tools they need and guides them through real-world implementation and evaluation of evidence based practice improvements.
Format: 100% online
* With departmental approval
Note: The doctor of nursing practice program does not prepare students for nurse practitioner certification or licensure.
What sets our program apart?
EKU’s DNP curriculum is CCNE accredited and centered on evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and organizational leadership. It meets the needs of nurses in a variety of settings who desire to practice at the highest level. The program culminates in a DNP project in which students address a specific healthcare problem and implement practice changes that improve health care delivery and outcomes.
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the top 50 best online graduate nursing programs in the country
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- No campus visits required
- Individualized mentorship for your DNP project and your future career success
- Personalized advising from application through graduation
- DNP projects that can be completed in your organization or community
- Faculty trained in evidence-based practice who follow nationally-recognized standards for best practices in online learning
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and is ranked as one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.