Police Studies Associates Degree
EKU’s online associate degree in police studies is designed to prepare students to quickly and successfully enter the policing profession or meet base education requirements for current officers seeking promotions. Graduates are well positioned to become part of the policing tradition and to complete their bachelor’s degree and further increase their employment opportunities.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 15 credit hours must be completed with EKU
Enhance your degree with a certificate.
Choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Focusing on society’s response to crime through policing, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as contemporary policing strategies, crime patterns, technology and ethics.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Reduced tuition for active duty service members
- No campus visits required
- Law enforcement officers that have completed Kentucky's DOCJT training can receive 9 hours of college credit
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Study anytime, from anywhere
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.