EKU offers one of the few programs in the nation dedicated to police studies, and has a 40-year history of preparing leaders in law enforcement.
Policing has evolved drastically over the last 30 years, placing higher standards and increased scrutiny on law enforcement professionals. While these changes bring a host of new challenges, there is also plenty of opportunity. Whether you are interested in community policing or federal law enforcement, EKU’s online police studies degrees provide the analytical, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills needed to be a responsive, community-minded law enforcement officer.
Whether you currently work in law enforcement or are interested in beginning a career in the field, we have the degree program for you.
Choose from multiple program options:
- Associate Degree in Police Studies
- Bachelor's Degree in Police Studies
- Master’s Degree in Justice, Policy and Leadership
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration
What sets our program apart?
Focusing on society’s response to crime through policing, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as contemporary policing strategies, crime patterns, technology and ethics.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Reduced tuition for active duty service members
- No campus visits required
- Law enforcement officers that have completed Kentucky's DOCJT training can receive 9 hours of college credit
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Study anytime, from anywhere
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment