How to Apply - Undergraduate
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for undergraduate admission.
Some programs may have additional application requirements. You are encouraged to contact your enrollment advisor to learn of any specific requirements for your program. Also, prior to applying you should review the EKU Online application deadlines to determine your start date. Most programs offer six start dates per year, but a limited number offer fewer. Generally, EKU Online terms last 8 weeks in fall and spring and 6 or 8 weeks in summer.
Undergraduate admission is required for all EKU associate, bachelor’s, post-baccalaureate and undergraduate certificate programs. Please read each step carefully and contact an enrollment advisor with any questions.
Step 1 — Complete the EKU Online application
- Go to www.apply.eku.edu
- Select “Create an account”
- Set up a username and password
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Step 2 — Submit official undergraduate transcripts
- You must have official transcripts sent from any and all colleges or universities that you have previously attended directly to EKU.
- Transcripts sent to a student and then delivered to EKU will not be accepted. Each transcript must bear the original signature of the authorized official, along with the seal of the institution, and must be sent to EKU directly from the issuing institution.
- Contact the schools you have attended and request that they send your transcripts to the address below. Most schools have an online request form for this service.
NOTE: International students are required to submit official transcript evaluations in addition to original transcripts.
All transcripts should be sent to:
Eastern Kentucky University
112 Whitlock Building CPO 54
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3154
If you have less than 24 hours of college-level or transfer credit, you must submit high school transcripts and scores for either the ACT or the SAT.
ACT or SAT test scores are often included on your official high school transcript. You also have the option of requesting the scores online:
If you are 21 years of age or older and have not completed the ACT or SAT you may use University Placement Exam results in place of ACT or SAT scores when applying for admission. University Placement Exams can be scheduled by contacting the EKU Office of Academic Testing at (859) 622-1281.