How to Apply - Graduate
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for graduate admission.
Some programs may have additional application requirements. You are encouraged to contact your enrollment advisor to learn of any specific requirements for your program. Also, prior to applying you should review the EKU Online application deadlines to determine your start date. Most programs offer six start dates per year, but a limited number offer fewer. Generally, EKU Online terms last 8 weeks in fall and spring and 6 or 8 weeks in summer.
Graduate admission is required for all EKU master’s, doctoral and graduate certificate programs. Please read each step carefully and contact an enrollment advisor with any questions.
Step 1 — Complete the EKU Graduate School’s online application
- Go to https://application.eku.edu/register/APPLY
- Select “Create an account”
- Set up a username and password
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Step 2 — Submit official undergraduate transcripts
- You must have official transcripts sent from any and all colleges or universities that you have previously attended directly to EKU.
- Transcripts sent to a student and then delivered to EKU will not be accepted. Each transcript must bear the original signature of the authorized official, along with the seal of the institution, and must be sent to EKU directly from the issuing institution.
- Contact the schools you have attended and request that they send your transcripts to the address below. Most schools have an online request form for this service.
NOTE: International students are required to submit official transcript evaluations in addition to original transcripts.
All transcripts should be sent to:
EKU Graduate Education and Research
Whitlock Building CPO 68
Eastern Kentucky University
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3102
Step 3 — Submit official test scores, letters of recommendation and personal statements as required by your specific program.
- Letters of recommendation, personal statements and other required documentation: Most EKU graduate programs require some combination of letters or recommendation, a personal statement, or other professional documentation. Requirements vary by program. Please contact your enrollment advisor to determine your program’s specific documentation requirements.
- Test scores: If your GRE scores are not currently on file with EKU, visit the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website at www.gre.org to request an additional score report be mailed directly from ETS to the university. EKU’s school code is 1200.
NOTE: If you have previously completed a master’s degree, you may request a waiver of the GRE requirement. In addition, some programs waive the GRE requirement for candidates with specific undergraduate grade point averages. Please contact your enrollment advisor to determine your program’s GRE requirements.