Global Hospitality and Tourism Bachelor’s Degree
One of the largest industries in the world, hospitality and tourism is continually growing and evolving. Whether you want to work abroad or are passionate about showcasing the exceptional experiences in your own city or state, EKU’s 100% online global hospitality and tourism program provides you with a deep understanding of all aspects of this vibrant industry. The program prepares culturally competent and technically advanced graduates for key roles in a variety of careers with the adaptability and foresight needed to keep the industry moving forward.
Format: 100% online
Gain a competitive edge with a concentration
As part of the global hospitality and tourism program you can choose between two specialty concentrations, giving you a competitive edge in the job market. Options include:
Translate your love of food, spirits and travel into a rewarding career opportunity. A vital component of the tourism experience, gastronomic tourism explores food and beverage as the motivating factors for travel. The program offers a unique curriculum that provides a strong background in culinary and beverage management and prepares graduates to secure employment at the local, state or national levels or abroad.
- Gastronomic Tourism
- Bourbon, Beer & Spirits
- Culture & Consumption of Wine
- Gastronomic Tour Development
- Food Culture and Systems
Managing the environmental, social and economic health of destinations is critical to the long term success of the tourism industry. Gain essential skills for creating sustainable development solutions and advancing tourism destinations and communities while balancing environmental, economic and socio-cultural effects.
- Sustainable Hospitality
- Mutigenerational Programming
- Sustainable Global Practices
- Universal Sustainable Design
- Promoting Hospitable Experiences
What sets our program apart?
Prepare to take on a variety of rewarding roles in the ever-evolving hospitality and tourism industry. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as hospitality and tourism essentials; sociocultural impacts of hospitality; hospitality and tourism analysis; and management of recreation services.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- 6 start dates per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Unique concentration option in gastronomic tourism
- Concentration option in sustainable hospitality with specialized sustainable hospitality courses
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Dedicated advisors who provide personalized graduation plans
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.