Homeland Security Bachelor's Degree
Make a positive impact in your community and protect your country as a homeland security professional. EKU’s 100% online homeland security degree focuses on the three pillars of homeland security: disaster management, intelligence studies, and security operations. The program prepares students with the critical skills needed to begin or advance a fulfilling career in homeland security.
Format: 100% online
|* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed with EKU|
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your homeland security major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Rooted in best practices and evolving technology, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as emergency management, physical security, critical infrastructure protection, risk analysis, homeland security technology, and disaster preparedness and response.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Reduced tuition for active duty service members
- No campus visits required
- Quality courses from respected faculty who teach the same classes online and on-campus
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Study anytime, from anywhere
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.