Industrial Fire Protection Certificate
EKU’s online industrial fire protection certificate provides students with the skillsets needed to protect life and property. EKU combines the latest technology and expert instruction to offer students a competitive edge in the job market.
Format: 100% online
Note: This certificate requires a grade of “C” or better in 24 hours of required courses and 6 hours of specialized practicum.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on leadership building and rooted in the latest science and technology, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as fire safety and prevention, fire behavior and combustion, and occupational health and safety.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- IFSAC-accredited programs
- Nationally-renowned instructors comprised of former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers and investigators, prominent for their professional achievements and success in the field
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Reduced tuition for active duty service members
- No campus visits required
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.