Credit for Prior Learning
The EKU Department of Fire Protection and Paramedicine Science recognizes that your previous coursework, training and work experience could potentially meet or exceed what is required for some college courses.
You may have an opportunity to receive credit for these experiences through a portfolio assessment. Credit can be applied to bachelor’s degree programs in:
- Fire, arson and explosion investigation
- Fire protection administration
- Fire protection and safety engineering technology
Requests for assessment will be reviewed by EKU faculty and subject matter experts. Once your request is approved, you will be asked to prepare a portfolio of documents to demonstrate that the competence you gained meets EKU’s student learning objectives.
To qualify, students must:
- Be admitted, enrolled and seeking an EKU fire protection degree
- Have completed 12 credit hours at EKU
- Be in good academic standing
- Be able to demonstrate competency in the Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) of the specific course they would like to have evaluated for academic credit
For more information, contact Enrollment Advisor Lauren Seaman at Lauren.Seaman@eku.edu or 859-622-7964.