Advance your career and follow your passion to help others. Earn your bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from EKU Online.
- Flexible 100% online learning format from a respected, accredited university
- Accelerated 8-week terms, with courses beginning 6 times per year
- Affordable quality courses from respected faculty who teach the same classes online and on-campus
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- No required campus visits
A degree in social work provides a strong academic foundation to become ethical leaders who advocate for social and economic justice. This versatile degree opens the door to a variety of career options and builds critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that specialty areas within the field could grow nearly three times as fast as what is predicted for all other occupations. In addition to a growing job market, salaries for social workers are increasing steadily. According to Salary.com, the average annual salary for a social worker in the Ohio Valley Region (including Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Illinois) is $46,000 to $60,000, depending on the location.
EKU’s 100% online social work program is real-world focused, providing the opportunity to fulfill your passion for helping others in a high-demand field including:
- Child, Family & School Social Work
- Medical Social Work
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Work
- Criminal Justice Social Work
- Military Social Work
- Community Social Work
WHY CHOOSE EKU?
Eastern Kentucky University is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.