Advance your career and make a difference. Earn a criminal justice degree from EKU Online.
The need for trained professionals to navigate America’s complex and ever-changing criminal justice system is on the rise. EKU’s online criminal justice degree provides students with the leadership skills and competency-based approaches needed to successfully serve and protect their communities. Graduates are prepared to take on key positions in law enforcement, courts, social service agencies and corrections, or to pursue law school or other graduate studies.
- Accelerated 8-week terms in a flexible online format
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Respected, non-profit, accredited university has prepared leaders in criminal justice for more than 40 years
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation and make the most of your transfer credit
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies, BS
- Criminal Justice, BS
- Police Studies, BS
- Homeland Security, BS
- General Studies, BS
- Police Studies, AA
- General Studies, AA
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Justice, Policy and Leadership, MS
- Safety, Security and Emergency Management: Emergency Management, MS
- Safety, Security and Emergency Management: Homeland Security, MS
- Public Administration, MPA
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts continued growth in law enforcement and corrections, and those with experience and a bachelor's degree are expected to have the best job prospects. Although a degree was not historically mandatory in the field, it has become increasingly necessary as perceptions about criminal justice professions evolves.
EKU graduates have found themselves prepared for careers as police and corrections officers, corrections administrators, probation officers, school resource officers, policy analysts, and victims' advocates, to name a few. Additional education may lead to careers as social workers, attorneys, or instructors.
WHY CHOOSE EKU?
Eastern Kentucky University is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.