Advance your career and follow your passion. Earn a bachelor's in communication studies from EKU Online.
EKU’s 100% online communication studies degree provides students with the hands on, practical learning needed to become creative, effective communicators and successfully navigate our complex global society. Graduates are prepared to take on key positions in business, sales, human service agencies and nonprofit agencies, or to pursue law school or other graduate studies.
- Accelerated 8-week terms in a flexible 100% online format
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- No campus visits required
- Respected, non-profit, accredited university
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation and help you develop a personalized graduation plan
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Communication is the vehicle to success, and employers recognize its importance. It's repeatedly noted as a top requirement for new hires and career advancement. A communication studies degree prepares students for successful careers in a range of industries, including:
- Corporate instructional training
- Nonprofit agencies
- Health care organizations
- Human services agencies
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Communication and media
- Human resources
Recent graduates are employed by:
- Northwest Mutual Financial Network
- Commonwealth of KY, Legislative Research Commission
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Baptist Health
- Edward Jones
- Novartis Pharmaceutical
- PPG Industries
WHY CHOOSE EKU?
Eastern Kentucky University is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.