Master of Arts in Education - MAEd
Our Master of Arts in Education degrees prepare educators to meet the challenges of the changing educational landscape. Earning a master’s degree allows educators to improve their current skillsets and subject knowledge, or expand their areas of expertise. Graduates are poised to advance their education careers and increase their earning potential.
Choose from a variety of Master of Arts in Education degree options:
- Elementary Education (MAEd)
- Gifted Education (MAEd)
- Instructional Leadership (MAEd)
- Literacy P-12 (MAEd)
- School Librarian P-12 (MAEd)
- Middle Grades Education (MAEd)
- Special Education (MAEd)
What sets our program apart?
EKU is dedicated to preparing the highest quality educators and related professionals for Kentucky and beyond. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as content, effective pedagogical skills, and dispositions that foster life-long growth and learning.
- 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plans
- Study any time, from anywhere
- No campus visits required
- Core curriculum focused on training teachers as leaders while gaining expertise in a selected area
- Assignments and action research that build critical thinking skills
- Individualized attention and support from dedicated faculty and staff
- Programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Graduates of the MAEd programs who hold teacher certification in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for certification and/or endorsement depending upon the degree program they select, including the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Ranked by U.S. News among the best universities offering online degrees