Criminal Justice Bachelor’s Degree
The need for trained professionals to navigate America’s complex and ever-changing criminal justice system is on the rise. EKU’s online criminal justice degree provides students with the leadership skills and competency-based approaches needed to successfully serve and protect their communities. Graduates are prepared to take on key positions in law enforcement, courts, social service agencies and corrections, or to pursue law school or other graduate studies.
Format: 100% online
* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed with EKU
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
EKU provides a balanced degree program that promotes respect, tolerance and sensitivity, leading to a deep, practical understanding of justice problems. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as criminal justice ethics, rehabilitation strategies, perspectives on crime and delinquency, the juvenile justice system, policing strategies, and crime patterns.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Reduced tuition for active duty service members
- No campus visits required
- Law enforcement officers that have completed Kentucky's DOCJT training can receive 9 hours of college credit
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Study anytime, from anywhere
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.