Youth Services Certificate
EKU’s online youth services certificate prepares students with the essential knowledge and skills for a successful career as juvenile justice professionals, including trends in delinquency, the role of juvenile courts and evidence-based delinquency interventions.
A certificate is a great option for students who are just beginning their education and want to explore the curriculum and the field before committing to a bachelor's degree. It is also a good option for students who have earned, or are currently working toward, a bachelor's degree in another area of study who want to apply their education to the field of juvenile justice.
Format: 100% online
What sets our program apart?
Rooted in evidence-based practices and an interventional approach, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as school-based interventions, delinquency interventions and offender rehabilitation strategies.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Courses begin 6 times per year
- Generous credit transfer policy
- Reduced tuition for active duty service members
- No campus visits required
- Law enforcement officers that have completed Kentucky's DOCJT training can receive 9 hours of college credit
- Personal advisors stay with you from application to graduation
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Study anytime, from anywhere
- Dynamic, supportive learning environment
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.