B.S. Feng-Chia University, Taiwan, IECS
M.S. University of Texas at Arlington, CSE
Ph.D. University of Texas at Arlington, Software Engineering/Testing
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
- Project Management
- Professor, Computer Science, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
- Associate Professor, Computer Science Department, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
- Faculty Sponsor of the ACM Chapter at Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, 2007-2009
- Faculty Sponsor of the Upsilon Pi Epsilon Chapter at Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, 2006-present.
- Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
- Instructor, Computer Science and Engineering Department, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
- Assistant Instructor, Computer Science and Engineering Department, University of Texas at Arlington, TX
- Software Engineer, Chiao-Hung Co. Ltd., Taiwan
- Nominee for Outstanding Instructor in First Year Courses, 2015
- Nominee for Critical Thinking Teacher of the Year Awards, 2014-2015
- Nominee for Critical Thinking Teacher of the Year Awards, 2011-2012
Michael Hartman, J.D.
B.S.F.S. Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service
Juris Doctor University of Georgia School of Law
- Digital Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
Dae Wook Kim, Ph.D.
B.S. Michigan State University
M.S. Syracuse University
Ph.D. Wright State University, Cybersecurity
- Network security and privacy using deep learning and machine learning
- Developing statistical feature modeling, big data processing, and learning-based detection system to understand, model and make sense of data generated from network-centric systems
- Internet malware analysis, DNS identity and privacy management, and social computing
- Teaching classes in artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data visualization
Dr. Kim’s work can be found in several journals including:
- Yu Li, Xiaotian Wang, Dae Wook Kim, Junjie Zhang, and Rui Dai, “Designing Self-Destructing Wireless Sensors with Security and Performance Assurance”, Computer Networks (2018)
- Dae Wook Kim, Junjie Zhang, “Deriving and Measuring DNS-Based Fingerprints”, Journal of Information Security and Applications 36 (2017): 32-42.
- Yadong Zhou, Dae Wook Kim, Junjie Zhang, Lili Liu, Huan Jin, Hongbo Jin, and Ting Liu, “ProGuard: Detecting Malicious Accounts in Social-Network-Based Online Promotions”, IEEE Access 5 (2017): 1990-1999.
- Dae Wook Kim, Peiying Yan, and Junjie Zhang, “Detecting fake anti-virus software distribution webpages”, Computers & Security 49 (2015): 95-106.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2017-present
- IEEE Computer Society, 2017-present
- Kentucky Academy of Science, 2018-present
- Kentucky Cyber Threat Working Group, Kentucky Office of Homeland Security, 2017-pesent
- Kentucky High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), 2017-present
November's Mentorship of The Month, EKU Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors, 2019
- EKU Faculty Development Grant, 2018
- EKU COS Junior Faculty Summer Research Award, 2018
- EKU Faculty Mini-Grant, 2017
- NVIDIA GPU Grant program recipient, 2017
- AMAZON AWS Cloud Credits for Research recipient, 2016
Eugene F. Styer, Ph.D.
B.S. Lock Haven University
Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, Computer Science
Robotics, Computer Architecture, Networking
Dr. Styer’s work can be found in several journals including:
- ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing
- Phi Kappa Phi (1983)
Mengkun Yang, Ph.D.
B.E. Sichuan University, Computer Science
M.E. Sichuan University, Computer Science
Ph.D. University of Kentucky, Computer Science
- Overlay network
- Mobile computing
- Multimedia systems
- Network security
Dr. Yang’s work can be found in several journals and conference proceedings including:
- Enping Li, Mengkun Yang, “Enhancing Teaching Effectiveness in Mobile Application Development with Structured Practice”, Proceedings of IEEE Education Society’s flagship Asia-Pacific Conference, 2019.
- Jeremiah Bolin, Mengkun Yang, “Cloud Computing: Cost, Security and Performance”, Proceeding of ACM Southeast Conference, 2018.
- Mengkun Yang, ZongmingFei, "A Novel Approach to Improving Search Efficiency in Unstructured Peer-to-Peer Networks", Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2009
- Mengkun Yang, Zongming Fei, “A Cooperative Failure Detection Mechanism for Overlay Multicast”, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2007
- Zongming Fei, Mengkun Yang, “A Proactive Tree Recovery Mechanism for Resilient Overlay Multicast”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2007
- Mengkun Yang, Zongming Fei, “Assigning Identifications to Nodes in Unstructured Peer-to-Peer Networks: A Novel Approach to Improving Search Efficiency”, Proceedings of the 50th IEEE Global CommunicationsConference, 2007.
- Mengkun Yang, Zongming Fei, “A Proactive Approach to Reconstructing Overlay Multicast Trees,” Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2004.
- Mengkun Yang, Zongming Fei, “A Segmentation-Based Approach to Delivering Multimedia Files in Content Distribution Networks,” in Proceedings of the 39th IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2004
Shuangten Zhang, Ph.D.
Professor & Director of the Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity Institute
B.S. Chongqing University, Measuring Tech. & Instruments
M.S. Chongqing University, Electrical Engineering
Ph.D. University of Toledo, Electrical Engineering
- Digital forensics
- Signal/image processing
- Machine learning
Dr. Zhang’s work can be found in several journals. Some of his recent publications include:
- H. Hendrickson, A. Moses, K. Bradley and S. Zhang,” Known Source Artifacts Examination With Digital Forensic Tools,” Proc. of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences 72nd Annual Scientific Meeting, Anaheim, CA, pp. 479, 2020
- J. Ralls and S. Zhang, “Steganography Detection Using Machine Learning (ML),” Proc. of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences 72nd Annual Scientific Meeting, Anaheim, CA, pp. 469, 2020
- C. Smith and S. Zhang, “Instagram™ Forensic Artifacts on Windows® Systems,” Proc. of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences 71st Annual Scientific Meeting, Baltimore, MD, pp. 442, 2019
- J. Ralls and S. Zhang, “ A New Botnet Command & Control Mechanism Using Ethereum Platform,” Proc. of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences 71st Annual Scientific Meeting, Baltimore, MD, pp. 438, 2019
- Y. Zhang, E. Salari and S. Zhang, “Reducing blocking artifacts in JPEG compressed images using an adaptive neural network-based algorithm,” Neural Comput & Applic., vol. 22, pp. 3-10, 2013.
- S. Zhang, “Side-Match Vector Quantizers Using Neural Network Based Variance Predictor for Image Coding,” International Journal of Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 119-129, 2011.
- S. Zhang and Y. Lu, “Image Resolution Enhancement Via Restoration Using Neural Network,” Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 20, 023013, May 2011.
- S. Zhang, “Image Denoising Using FIR Filters Designed with Evolution Strategies,” Proc. of ISA2011: Third International Workshop on Intelligent System and Applications, vol. 1, pp. 47-50, 2011.
- S. Zhang and E. Salari, “A Neural Network Method for Image Resolution Enhancement from a Multiple of Image Frames,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6677, pp. 200-208, 2011.
- Professor, Department of Computer Science, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY 2012-present
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, 2007 – 2012
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, 2002 – 2007
- Lecturer, Department of Automation, Chongqing, 1993 – 1998