Communication Studies Certificate Curriculum
Core Courses 18-24 hours
- CMS 200: Interpersonal Communication
- CMS 205W: Advocacy and Opposition*
- CMS 210: Public Speaking OR CMS 215: Career Presentations
- CMS 275: Communication Skills for Professionals
- CMS 310: Team Building and Small Group Communication
- CMS 325: Communication in Conflict Management
- CMS 350: Organizational Communication*
- CMS 375: Intercultural Communication
* This course is required to complete this certificate as a stand-alone program.
Total Hours Required for Degree Completion 120 hours
For a full list of course descriptions please see section 7 of the university undergraduate catalog.