EKU Launches Online Bachelor’s Degree Program in Communication Studies
Eastern Kentucky University is launching a 100% online bachelor’s degree program in communication studies in fall 2018. The program is ideal for those seeking entry-level positions as well as for individuals looking to advance in their field.
“Communication, teamwork and critical thinking are essential career skills,” said Dr. Sara Zeigler, dean of the College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences. “EKU’s online communication studies program will prepare working adults for success in numerous fields.”
In addition to building essential workplace skills, the program encourages professional development and career exploration. EKU graduates work for the U.S. Department of Labor, Masonite, Northwest Mutual Financial Network, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and the Teachers College of Columbia University in New York City, among other settings. Job opportunities include management, training, human resources, marketing, healthcare, dispute resolution and human service agencies.
The EKU Online communications studies degree provides:
- a flexible, accredited online degree with no campus visits required.
- course topics that employers value such as intercultural communication, negotiation and conflict management.
- dedicated advisers who work with students from application through graduation.
- a generous transfer credit policy.
- a university ranked among the best schools for online degrees by U.S. News & World Reportand Military Times.
Published on May 23, 2018