Infant/Toddler Care & Education Certificate
EKU’s online infant/toddler certificate focuses on strategies and practices for the development of young children from birth to age three. The program prepares early childhood professionals to provide a strong foundation to young children and meets preparation standards for the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Earn this credential while completing your bachelor’s degree and enhance your learning experience and career opportunities.
Format: 100% online
What sets our program apart?
EKU is dedicated to preparing the highest quality early childhood professionals for Kentucky and beyond. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as child development, infant/toddler program planning, and observation and assessment.
- Accelerated 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plan
- Reduced tuition for active duty military members
- Credit hours that count toward the Child Development Associate (CDA) and can be applied toward your state's credentials**
- Free online tutoring and career services assistance
- Coursework including child development and family studies that incorporates National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) professional preparation standards
- Two practicum experiences to help you discover your calling
- Quality courses from respected faculty who teach the same classes online and on campus
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.