Child & Family Studies - Child Development Bachelor's Degree
EKU’s online child and family studies program prepares you to be a leader in the human development and family services fields. The skill sets you gain will help you leave a lasting impression on the lives of children from various backgrounds as you work to ensure they reach their developmental milestones and achieve their full potential.
Format: 100% online
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your child development major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Rooted in the latest research and child development best practices, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as interaction and guidance, early childhood observations and assessment, family involvement with young children, foundations of the early childhood professional, ethics and advocacy.
- 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plan
- Credit hours that count toward the Child Development Associate (CDA) and can be applied toward your state's credentials**
- Coursework including child development and family studies that incorporates National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) professional preparation standards
- Two practicum experiences to help you discover your calling
- Quality courses from respected faculty who teach the same classes online and on-campus
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
**Review your state's requirements and speak to your advisor about how your coursework may transfer.
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.