Bachelor's in Public Accounting
EKU’s 100% online bachelor's of business administration in public accounting provides students with the solid educational foundation employers expect of today’s graduates. This foundation not only includes the technical accounting knowledge necessary to successfully pass professional examinations, but also includes a strong general business background that allows accounting professionals to move quickly into upper management positions or become business entrepreneurs. Graduates are prepared to take on key positions with excellent salaries or pursue an MBA.
Format: 100% online
*A minimum of 30 credit hours and 50% of the business course credit hours required for the BBA must be completed with EKU.
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Learn essential skills for today’s work environment. Our fully-accredited online programs are made up of the same high-quality courses and taught by the same experienced professors as the on-campus programs. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as auditing, taxation of corporations, forensic accounting, and tax, fund, international, and cost accounting.
- Accredited by AACSB International
- Graduates are prepared to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination
- Generous credit transfer policy
- 8-week terms
- 6 start dates per year
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) service-learning project gives you the opportunity for hands on experience (hosted on EKU’s campus)
- Dedicated advisors who provide personalized graduation plans
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. Eastern has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.