Bachelor degrees in the EKU department of Family and Consumer Sciences, including the bachelor’s of Child and Family Studies – Child Development, are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. The Burrier Child Development Center (BCDC) on Eastern Kentucky University’s Richmond campus is a licensed Type 1 Child Care Center and is an accredited early childhood program through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). It is 4-STAR rated by KIDS NOW, an initiative of the Kentucky Department of Education.
Eastern Kentucky University holds the highest level of accreditation available. Eastern Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Eastern Kentucky University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Accreditation through one of the six regional accrediting agencies is the highest standard an institution can receive.
Students in the early childhood program can be confident that credits earned at one regionally accredited school will transfer to other regionally accredited universities.
Studying at an accredited institution is especially important if you plan on transferring or continuing your education.
The regional accrediting agencies are:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
In addition, Eastern Kentucky University has received numerous accolades:
- Included in US News and World Report’s annual listing of top colleges and universities as a first-tier regional university and a provider of quality online degree programs.
- Listed by Forbes Magazine as being in the top 10 percent of America’s colleges and universities
- Repeatedly recognized by Military Times Edge magazine among the Top 5 schools in the nation in the “Best for Vets: Colleges” issue.
Earn your online bachelor’s degree from EKU Online, an online education leader for more than 15 years.
Complete the form above to learn how you can earn your bachelor’s in child and family studies and pick up an in-demand early childhood director or infant/toddler care and education certificate long the way, giving yourself a competitive edge in the job market.
Contact us today to get started.