Admission Requirements - Undergraduate
Undergraduate admission requirements* apply to all EKU associate, bachelor’s, post-baccalaureate and undergraduate certificate programs. The requirements will vary based on whether you are a first-time freshman (determined by coursework history not age) or a transfer student. Please read the criteria carefully and contact an enrollment advisor with any questions.
*The RN-BSN program has its own admission requirements and additional application process which can be viewed here.
A student is considered a freshman at EKU, when he or she has:
- no previous college coursework, or
- completed college coursework prior to high school graduation, or
- earned 23 hours or fewer college credits since high school graduation.
The scholastic requirements for full admission* as a freshman are:
- 2.5 high school grade point average (GPA), or
- 20 composite ACT or 950 SAT math and verbal combined score
*All students must have a minimum high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and are expected to meet the college readiness standards in English, Reading and Math or enroll in courses as directed at the time of registration. Students who do not meet the requirement for full admission may seek enrollment through a Success First initiative.