Now that you’re admitted to EKU Online, the next step is to activate your EKUDirect account so that you can access many of the services you’ll need – from registering for classes to monitoring your student account. You will also need to activate your student email. Here’s how:
Step One: Activate your EKU DIRECT account:
You will first need to activate your EKU Direct account that will be used throughout your time at EKU. This account will be used to activate your email, register for courses, accept financial aid, order textbooks, pay your bills, and more. You will become more familiar with EKU Direct through the registration process. To activate your account please follow these simple steps:
- Log onto EKU Direct at the website http://it.eku.edu/ekudirect
- Click the "Login to EKUDirect" link in the gray bar.
- Click in the blank box next to "User ID" and enter your EKU ID.
- Your initial PIN is your birth date in the form of mmddyy. For example, a birth date of February 3, 1949 would be entered as 020349. Your PIN is a 6-digit number, which will function like a password.
- The next screen will read: "Your PIN has expired. Please change it now. In the first box, "Re-enter Old PIN", type your birth date once again. In the second box, "New Pin", select a 6-digit number that is different from your birth date and social security number, but easy for you to remember. This new PIN is the one you will use to access your information. Type your new PIN in the middle AND bottom boxes. The third box is for verification. All three boxes are required. Then click on the "Login" button.
- Read the "Terms of Usage", and then click on "Continue" to accept the terms. If you click don't agree you will be logged out.
Step Two: Activate your student email:
You will next need to activate your student email account. This is what you will use to communicate with university officials, instructors, and obtain the log-in information for your courses in Blackboard. Please follow the steps below to activate your EKU email account.
- Go here (http://www.eku.edu/online/)
- Login to EKU Direct (see above)
- Select "Personal Information"
- Select "Activate Student Email Account"
- Agree to the code of ethics
- Select "Activate" at the bottom of the screen
- Write down your username and password from this screen to be used when logging into your email
- Visit this link and click Login to myMail: https://mymail.eku.edu/
- Using your login information found in Step 7 will allow you to enter your student email
- Please send an email to your advisor from your EKU email as confirmation of setup.
You will need to get in the habit of checking this account daily. If an instructor sends an email through Blackboard, this is where it will go.
Now that you are admitted, be sure to like the Facebook page to connect with other Future Colonels and to find out more from current EKU Online students.
You can also follow EKU Online (@EKUOnline), EKU Admissions (@EKUAdmissions), EKU Athletics (@EKUSports), and EKU Colonels Corner (@EKUColonels) on Twitter. Keep up with events and interesting news from EKU.
Funding Your Education:
Many students at EKU receive some form of financial aid. The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for any federal or state aid. Begin by creating a pin and then complete the FAFSA application as soon as possible after January 1. For more help, watch the “7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA” video.
Some academic departments offer additional scholarships in varying amounts. To find out if you qualify for departmental scholarships and how to apply, contact the department of your intended major by email or phone.
Are you ready?
- Have you worked with your enrollment advisor to register for both A and B terms?
- Have you ordered textbooks?
- Have you completed your portal information?
- Have you completed the Blackboard orientation?
- Have you checked your academic plan and know what classes you will take next?
|Student Accounting Services
|Students with Disabilities (Accessibility)